Amplify Austin Day is an annual day of giving hosted by I Live Here I Give Here (ILHIGH), a local non-profit organization. This 24-hour giving period provides an easy and fun way for our entire community to support over 700 non-profits in Central Texas! Together, individuals, families, and businesses raised $12.3 Million for 760 Central Texas nonprofits in 2020. Over the past eight years, Amplify Austin Day has raised $69 Million in critical unrestricted funds for our nonprofit sector.
Why Give to APF on Amplify Austin Day?
Beacause Austin Parks Foundation is an I Live Here I Give Here member, you can help us meet our fundraising goals by making a gift our Amplify Austin page on March 4-5. PLUS, gifts made on Amplify Austin Day will be matched by ILHIGH's generous sponsors, so your support of our parks, trails and green spaces will go even further!
Are You a Night Owl or an Early Bird?
You can also help APF win an additional $1,000 during one of our power hours and even win a special prize for yourself! If you're a night owl, make your power hour gift on March 4th between 7:00pm and 7:59pm. If you're an early bird, make your power hour gift on March 5th between 7:00am and 7:59am. The power hour that has the most donors will win an APF Merch Store discount!
Your Support Marks Our Work Possible
Though 2020 brought many challenges, Austin Parks Foundation is proud of the triumphs we were able to gain for our parks. Check out our Highlights from 2020 Blog to see the impact made possible by our donors!
APF is rolling up our sleeves and diving into some very special park projects in 2021. These include restoring the Train at Zilker Park, beginning construction at Springdale, Alderbrook and Govalle Parks, as well as finishing our first phase of improvements at Little Walnut Creek. We are also expanding the Pillars Project - a public art installation along the Eastlink trail, and beginning the design process at Pomerleau Pocket Park.
We couldn’t have reached any of these goals or milestones without the tremendous support of our volunteers, park advocates and community of generous donors like you. Thank you!
Austin's Parks + Trails Need You
APF manages funds for several Adopt-A-Park groups and Community Gardens to help them raise funds to improve their green spaces. Through our Sponsored Fund Account (SFA) program, groups that are not currently registered as non-profit entities can join into an agreement with APF to raise designated funds for a particular project.
As a registered 501(c)3 non-profit and an I Live Here I Give Here member, we invite these groups to fundraise for their parks and participate in Amplify Austin Day by creating their own fundraising page through APF. PLUS, Central National Bank has generously provided a $10,000 match for our SFA groups that fundraise during Amplify!
In addition to supporting Austin Parks Foundation, check out the following park fundraising pages under "Fundraising Champions" to support a park of your choice!
- West Austin Park: Fundraising for our (ADA accessible) adult conversation seating area with tables and chairs, named the Terrace project. It will be situated on a former tennis court at the northwest corner of our park that overlooks the city skyline.
- St. John Pocket Park: Fundraising to support a concurrent community event at SJ Pocket Park during the art installation by Damon Moseley slated for April 2021.
- Blunn Creek Nature Preserve: The Preserve needs ongoing support for habitat management, trail signage, interpretation, etc.
- Crestland Triangle Park: Fundraising for 2 benches along Crestland, with appropriate access and base.
- Friends of Perry Park: Field Project Finishing Touches!
- The Veloway: General support for park improvements.
- Beverly S. Sheffield Northwest District Park: Would like to install an aerator or circulation system to improve the pond's environment for birds, fish, turtles, etc. We are looking to fundraise to mainly support two areas 1) to maintain a pond aerator when the dam project is finished 2) seating on the east side of the creek.
- Friends of McBeth Recreation: We work with Special Needs Adults and our goal is to support them with any fees for Special Olympics and other sports or activities they choose.
- Patterson Park: Improvements to athletic facilities.
- Friends of Barton Springs Pool: Raising funds for planting native plants in pool and our associated nursery set up at Zilker. Botanical Garden, mineral sunscreen education and awareness initiative.
Help us spread the word!
We could use your help promoting Austin Parks Foundation on Amplify Austin day! We created this handy Social Media Guide and Graphic for y'all, but feel free to add a personal touch if you feel inspired. Thanks so much for supporting our work in Austin's parks. We couldn't do this without you!